ABOUT MY KWJ
All of my jewellery is made in sterling silver or 9ct gold and hand coloured with resin, unless stated otherwise.
The majority of my pieces can be personalised, whether it be engraved with a special message or matching a piece to your favourite colour.
Your new jewellery will be packaged in KWJ branded boxes in my signature blue and white colour scheme.
My jewellery aims to bring colour and joy to everyday life and a smile to your face, invoking memories of seaside holidays and (not so) sunny days!
All resin pieces are coloured individually by hand so may vary slightly in colour and designs shown.
Small items will be sent via Royal Mail First Class post, larger and high value items will be sent via Recorded or Special Delivery (tracking numbers can be requested).
CARING FOR YOUR JEWELLERY
To keep your jewellery in beautiful condition clean with warm soapy water (not wooden items) and a soft cloth or tooth brush. Silver tarnish can be removed with a silver polishing cloth (provided by KWJ for larger items), do not put oxidised or resin pieces into silver cleaning dip.
Oxidised pieces may lose some of their dark colour with wear over time due to the nature of the finish. You may find with long term wear that brushed items may also become shiny.
Avoid contact with any cosmetics, such as perfume, hair spray or cleaning products. Strong chemicals and tarnish and discolour precious metals, and may damage the surface of resin pieces.
Do not wear jewellery when swimming, exercising or doing strenuous activity to avoid catching or damaging delicate pieces.
Store safely in the box provided to avoid any contact or scratches from other items.
If you jewellery is looking particularly grubby, well loved, or you would like oxidised/brushed items refinishing, please get in touch with me and I will be happy to get them looking as good as new for you!!
I have completed commissions exploring various themes and colours, and I love the challenge of creating something completely unique! Commissions are always welcomed so why not commission me to design and make that special item of jewellery you have in mind, from a gift for someone precious, your wedding jewellery or just a treat for yourself!!
I can also repair and remodel jewellery if you have old jewellery which needs a new lease of life or making into heirlooms for years to come.
When getting in touch to discuss your commissions, please have as much information as possible available, such as budget, timescale, loose brief (ideas of what you would like) so I can give you a clear and concise quote, however I am more than happy to help with any questions you may have! Please allow a minimum of 6 weeks for agreed commission to completion to accommodate any hallmarking or casting requirements.
Your Information and Why…..
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised Etsy/NOTH to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Sharing and Disclosure…..
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as Royal Mail. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
I generally keep your data for the following time period: 3 years.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Me……
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Kate Wimbush, am responsible for your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me here